A Cookie, also known as a HTTP Cooke, web Cookie or browser Cookie, is a small text file which is stored in the browser directories in your pc or phone, gathering information about your preferences, never including your personal data.
Cookies are used to ease and improve websites’ browsing efficiency, storing information about your preferences and eliminating the need to repeatedly introduce the same information.
There are two types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies – Temporary Cookies that the server uses to store information about the user’s activities in the website during a browsing session. These Cookies are deleted whenever the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies – Cookies that are stored in your computer or phone’s browsing directories. These Cookies are used whenever the user makes a new visit to the website and are generally used to store information about preferences and interests, thus allowing the provision of a more personalized service.
For more information about Cookies go tohttp://www.allaboutcookies.org/What are Cookies Used For
Your cookies may be used with the following objectives:
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website
- To register your browsing through the website
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyse the way you use the website
How can I manage the Cookies?
Cookies can be disabled, in part or fully, at any moment. However, due to the role it plays in improving the usability of the website, deactivating Cookies may prevent users from using some websites.
To deactivate Cookies in different browsers go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/